Wednesday, January 25, 2017

WILLIAM DILLA...BEIER 1.5 STEEL--5.5 X 15 & 5.5 X 12..MUSIC CITY ASHEVILLE & FORKS DRUM CLOSET....

I released a new drum later in 2016...The 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 12. That drum I was encouraged to do by David Northrup, and I am really glad I took his advice. It has done extremely well already, and Bill Dilla was one of the players that picked one up from Fork's. He also picked up a 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 15 in Gloss White from Music City Asheville. That was upon recommendation from a very good friend who has one as well.

I have had a great time talking concerts and drums with Bill, and recently he told me he plays his 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 15 every day. I have said this probably 100 times, but let's make it 101: That is the greatest thing for me to hear when players sit down with my drums, and truly enjoy doing it. That is not just important...That Is IT!

He also got to fly out to see Todd Sucherman for a private lesson in his home studio (Pic below),  and David Northrup was gracious enough to reach out to him after he picked up the 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 12. Hope you get to see those two live in 2017....That is always incredible.   

As always Bill....We will chat and stay in touch for sure. Please keep me updated on your drumming....Thanks Again for giving Beier Drums a shot in 2016. It is, & will always be appreciated bud~
    







No comments:

Post a Comment