Saturday, January 21, 2017

MIKE ZIMMERMAN-LAYING TRACKS WITH HIS BEIER 1.5 STEEL SNARE--5.5 X 14~

As noted on 12/23 in my Latest News, Mike Zimmerman has been on the road with Kenny Rogers in 2016 with his 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14. The drum has been his main, and I was lucky enough to get to see a show on this tour and talk some drums with him. What a great time!

We had talked about his home studio and his side projects, and he really is doing some remarkable things. So this picture below was most welcome. He just got a 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14 and is sitting down with it in his studio, and laying tracks on tape. The other drum he is using in this is one of my all-time favorites-The Ludwig Acrolite. 

I just simply have to hear these....Definitely something to look forward to. As well, I have my fingers crossed that the Kenny Rogers-The Gamblers Last Deal Tour will be extended and I can see Mike live again & this show. Thanks Mike.....






No comments:

Post a Comment