Monday, January 30, 2017

UPCOMING RECORD FROM SHANE GAMBLE-MIKE DAWSON-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--5.5 & 6.5 X 15....

I have been following Shane Gamble's posts, and am really looking forward to his upcoming record. He has posted snippets of ideas and songs, and there is no doubt that it will be true to form, and a great one.

His last record released in June 2016: "American Heart," I listen to frequently, and just completely love it. It is just one of those records I will always have in rotation here. Him & Mike Dawson went through a large number of snare drums when they were laying tracks for it, and decided to use the 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 15. The upcoming record has Mike using the 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 15 & 6.5 x 15 on all tracks except for two.  

I have mentioned to these two frequently that it would be great to see this band live, and I really hope sometime soon that happens. Shane posts live clips, and I always make sure to tune into those. This whole band live is a complete replication of their studio work, and it truly is remarkable. One of the best clips was a live post from this last Summer. I was at a show and sound check was done. It was a really hot day so I plopped down in a chair under the stage and was watching them live at "Rally In The Valley" in Frederick, MD. Mike had his 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 15 with him, and in everyday terms...They just blew me away how great they were. My buddy Randy Walker was near so I had to tell him..."You gotta see this!".  Hoping time brings them within range of here...It would be a lot of fun to see them. 

Thank You Mike Dawson for using these drums on this record, and your 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 15 live with Shane as your main. Very much looking forward to the release and picking it up you guy's. If I am not your first customer...I'll be your second. Thank You.... 











No comments:

Post a Comment