Monday, January 30, 2017

TRENT ANDERSON-SUSHI ROLL BAND-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--6.5 X 14 & 6.5 x 15...

From the first time I met Trent Anderson, we've been pal's, and are in touch always. I ran into him at a Quiet Riot show when he was working with them, and just had a great time talking drums and music. He also gave me a copy of Bang Tango's latest release, and really went out of his way, like Frankie Banali did, to make me feel welcome.

Trent has been on and off the road for many years, and to talk to him about all of that is simply a blast. One of his main gigs for many years was drumming for Bang Tango, a band I am still a die hard fan of. In recent years he is leading Sushi Roll Band...One of the top show bands on the circuit in this country. They are Chicago based, but spend most of their time on the road, including doing extended gigs at Harrah's in Las Vegas. This band is constantly working with no signs of slowing down. In today's music world with live performance....That is no easy feat. But it is a testament of how awesome they are live, and how entertaining they truly are. 

Trent travels with a 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 as his main, and did 117 shows on the road with it last year. He also spent some time in the studio with the drum and did tracks for 3 songs. I will update this when those come out. In addition, he also was the first person to have a 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 15, & use it live. 

The bands dates are piling up for 2017, and I hope Milwaukee see's all of you soon Trent. Congrats on all of your success, and I am looking forward to seeing you soon my friend...









No comments:

Post a Comment