Thursday, January 12, 2017

BORIS BLACKWOOD-LONG & McQUADE-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--8 X 13...#1 OF 1....

I just recently heard from Boris Blackwood of Long & McQuade in the Edmonton, Alberta, Downtown store. He ordered a one-off drum from here, a 1.5 Steel--8 x 13.

I rarely if ever do special orders. Given the way I am set-up, and as busy as I am...It is difficult to do, and can take extra time. The difficulty I do not mind...The time lag I do. My deliveries are always quick by industry standards, and I want them to stay that way.

I happened to have an 8 x 13 shell here on the shelf. I was making an 8 x 15 and wound the shell too tight. So, I decided to keep it. When Boris contacted me I was really up for doing this drum. I had actually forgotten about the shell for the most part. The drum turned out great, and Boris said he was very impressed with the snares tuning right out of the box, he took it and compared it to others in the store, and to a gig that weekend. "It is a little cannon,,,,cuts through, very dynamic. I love it. Thank You!"....

Well...Thank YOU Boris. You were awesome to deal with on this. As stated below in my news, the 8" depth snares are now 7.5. So, that is the one and only drum in that size I will ever do. And I could not be happier it is with a professional like you. Even Chad Melchert said...."Boris knows his drums!". The fact you give one of my drums a Thumbs Up....Is huge to me.

Very much looking forward to staying in touch. Sorry the drum did not arrive for your New Years Eve gig. Given the Holiday's and shipping...It just kind of turned out that way. But hoping you use it for many more New Years Eve gigs, and a lot of shows in between. Please tell Jim Cassells Thank You from me as well...






No comments:

Post a Comment