Friday, March 31, 2023

THE BEIER 15" ANNIVERSARY DRUM-TO BE RELEASED SUMMER 2023......

 I'm in the process of making the shells for the Anniversary Drum…Finally.

While there was no set timetable for this drum, I truly wanted to get it out last year. I couldn't do it for some reason. I lost count of the number of times that I walked in my shop, turned on the lights, then only to turn around and walk back out. I talked with many players about it, that I just for some reason could not sit down and do it. It was a huge struggle, and very dismaying. I love this as much as I always did, and I talk to drummers daily. I'm incredibly active in writing articles and collating media for the website, etc,. But when it came to sitting down with this drum, I just couldn't do it.

I've never really had a time in my life where this happened. I've always been a blitzkrieg on the move, sometimes for the better, sometimes still trying to figure it out, but was always extremely productive at something like most of us. But some switch went off in my head, and I am over the top excited about this drum now, and I am flying through these shells. The demos for this drum start June 2nd in Chicago with a Nashville legend, and a great friend. I am not returning to full Retail production, I will just be producing this drum, and select drums here and there as stated in June 2021. The Anniversary Drum is a 15” of course, the Special Edition will be as well to continue my long, fully documented chronological work, and sole efforts, in the revival of the 15” snare drum to the industry. Details coming soon!

Also coming out at the same time will be #1 of a drum, a one- off which I'm making for a very special and patient friend of mine. I'm late with this drum which I never have been before, and I just cannot wait to get this in his hands. Thank You Again my friend for your patience, friendship, and support.








No comments:

Post a Comment