Friday, March 31, 2023

ANGEL-LIVE IN CHICAGO-BILLY ORRICO....THANK YOU!

My beautiful and thoughtful girlfriend Elizabeth surprised me recently by picking up tickets to one of my all-time favorite bands in Chicago since I was a kid-Angel. 

This definitely was, as it is for everyone, a trip through time watching and listening to these songs as a fan. I saw this band countless and endless times as a kid and a teenager, and to date, they would still be in my Top 5 favorite bands of all time.

Being a huge fan of this band, and setting that aside to prevent bias, from A to Z this show was utterly spectacular. Every single one of these musicians in this band are incredible. Billy Orrico, the current drummer for Angel, and the drummer on the last and upcoming studio release, did a masterful job at replicating Barry Brandt’s original tracks, and adding his own style to the new material. That is what great drummers do. They respect the original tracks, and add and do their own thing from there.

It was so nice of you Billy to come out and introduce yourself to Elizabeth & I. I so enjoyed our conversation. Congratulations on a job Amazingly Done, and I will really look forward to staying in touch with you.











No comments:

Post a Comment