Friday, March 31, 2023

CARVIN JONES NEW RELEASE-BORN TO WIN-NICK FORCHIONE-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--4 X 15.........

Carvin Jones just released his new album Born To Win, and I am just over the top happy that Nick Forchione chose his 1.5 Steel–4 x 15 for this recording.

Nick sent me these pics on January 15th of this year, and as always, I marked this down, and anxiously anticipated this release. I love the way this record was put out. These guys went in, put it together, Let It Be, and it is out for the world to hear. It's not possible with all records of course that they move at this pace, but a lot of the greatest records ever produced were done 1-2-3, or even over a weekend. By the same measure, I mark sessions down and it might take two years, and that is something worth waiting for. So many players have been so great at letting me know details, dates, etc..,...I will never forget that, or never get tired of waiting for release dates.

Thank You Again Nick. To a drum maker, there is no greater honor than when a drummer remembers your drum and selects it for a record, live performance, or entire tour. When a Musician remembers those sounds…That is not “Business”. That is Real. That is Music. 

And Carvin…I truly hope you come around soon. Chicago needs a visit from the King Of Strings. I mean seriously: Carvin Jones...Blues Master...Chicago. Nuff said!!









Kent Slucher (Luke Bryan), Myself, Nick Forchione (Carvin Jones, Peach Pickers, Rex Carroll, Bayou Bandits)







 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment