Monday, July 25, 2022

JASON COOPER-NEW RELEASES FROM COLLINS HORTON-KEEP ON MOVING...GERMAN MASTER PAUL PREM-HASENPFEFFER-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--5.5 X 15.....

I've had the honor for quite some time of  knowing Jason Cooper from Memphis. When he selects my drums for his work, it is always a thrill for me. I always have charted and noted sessions here, and always have followed up with them when the record is released. Jason has been amazing at letting me know this, and the details involved in the making of the record.

I refer to him as I the Memphis Maestro, and for good reason. I have had countless discussions with him on drums over the years, and the numerous records he has selected my drums for. He is so instinctively and naturally talented, he has captured the attention of a wide audience in the drum world…And did so immediately. His first take instincts, and musicality, are utterly amazing. He never over plays, he never under plays. He just always plays 100% to and for the music. As well, his entire kit always sounds phenomenal.

Currently he uses a 1.5 Steel I know–5 .5 x  15, and a 1.5 Steel–5.5 x 13 extensively. Another drum that he has had and uses is on loan from Garrett Goodwin (Carrie Underwood), and that is a 1.5 Steel–6.5 x 14.

Thank You my friend for these records. I loved both of them, and I so appreciate everything. It was wonderful catching up on the phone, and I will look forward to talking to you soon….











 

No comments:

Post a Comment