Monday, March 4, 2024

BRIT TURNER OF BLACKBERRY SMOKE...REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND....

Brit Turner of Blackberry Smoke has passed away at the young age of 57. Throughout the years you will read, without exception, he was just that nice of a guy...Because he was. He was an amazing drummer as well, and he had one of the most rhythmic and relaxed styles I have ever witnessed. 

Brit had a one of my drums, a 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 that I had the honor of seeing him perform live with. Just recently I was watching some of those clips, and when they rolled through Milwaukee, we had a great time. He was a vintage fan like myself, and we talked about Leedy drums at length and drums in general all day and night. Southern Rock legend Monte Yoho introduced me to him. 

I haven't spoken to him for a bit, I would follow up with him on new records and releases, and was just so sad to read this news this morning. Blackberry Smoke is among one of the greatest of Southern Rock bands to ever hit the stage, and Brit Turner was a huge part of their sound. 

Rest In Peace Brit....Job well done my friend....









No comments:

Post a Comment