Thursday, July 8, 2021

MEL WATTS-LIVE ON THE ROAD WITH LITTLE TEXAS-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--7.5 X 15.....

Long time friend, and industry great...Mel Watts (BJ Thomas, Little River Band) is currently on tour with his brand new Beier 1.5 Steel--7.5 x 15 with Little Texas. 

There will be more news from him on this drum, but his initial reaction has been phenomenal. He has used a 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 for years live with BJ Thomas, and in the studio for a number of records he recorded. I have always stayed in touch with him, he is a Musician from A-Z, and is an amazing & legendary talent.

I will be following back with news from the tour after he has had time to fully assess the drum. I truly wish this tour was going to be close here...I would love to see one of their shows. Little Texas is a band I have seen live, and absolutely love. I have also had the privilege of seeing two of my other drums used live (1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14 & 4 x 15) with the band with another industry legend...Del Grey.

Thank You Mel...Looking forward to following up with this article.....




Mel Watts-On the road with the late BJ Thomas (Pic above & below)-Beier 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14





No comments:

Post a Comment