Saturday, October 31, 2020

THANK YOU WORKING DRUMMER PODCAST-MATTHEW CROUSE-ZACK ALBETTA-MARK BECKETT-DAVID NORTHRUP-JARRED POPE-TROY LUCCKETTA-MIKE HANSEN-JASON COOPER-EDDIE BAYERS-SCOTTY SIMPSON-MICHAEL GRANDO...EPISODES 275-291


For the last four months I have been working with Matthew Crouse & Zack Albetta of the Working Drummer Podcast. It has been one of the great experiences of my career. The sponsorship ran from Episodes 275-291. Matthew & Zack have created something very special with this podcast. It is educational, focused, honest, pointed, relevant, and it is extremely relatable to musicians of all levels. Already, it is timeless. It is also fully archived. That, I feel, is so important in today's music world where material and information is here and gone in an instant. The Working Drummer Podcast is a permanent record of Knowledge that you can utilize and refer back to. This type of resource will never go out of date for the musicians who are creating the music of the world, one of our most precious assets. 

Both Matthew & Zack are massive & incredible talents, and I could not be happier both of them have a drum from here. Matthew has a 1.5 Steel--4 x 15. and Zack has a 1.5 Steel--7.5 x 15. Thank You both for the samples, your initial feedback, and your professionalism. I admire you both a great deal. This was a True Honor, and I am so looking forward to your work with the drums...When the music calls for them. You both instinctively understand the purpose behind the drums I manufacture.  

I also want to extend a huge Thank You to Michael Grando for the your recommendation of Beier Drums to Matthew Crouse. That was the beginning of all of this my friend.



 
The podcasts included samples of Beier snare drums that drummers contributed, and/or their experiences with them. I will try to express in words how much this meant to me......



Mark Beckett is a stand-alone, one of a kind, Nashville legend. He is the consummate professional & kind soul.  He has been a huge inspiration to me. He has unfailingly been there with his advice, his wisdom, and his encouragement. The 1.5 Steel--4 x 15 exists because of him. I met him through one of the most respected and talented drummers ever to sit behind a kit....Pat MacDonald. Thank You Mark...Thank You Pat...


David Northrup is a gift to Nashville, more accurately...The Music World.  He is one of the most admired and respected drummers in music today, and another player that I seek advice from, and have many times over the years. Again, without fail, he has offered his insight and wisdom on numerous occasions, and he is also responsible for the existence of the 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 12. Thank You David.  


Jarred Pope is one of Rock's most gifted drummers, and his live and studio work has been one of the greatest joys here. He is also, hands down, one of the most knowledgeable drummers I have ever known on technique and gear. I met him through another industry great-Randy Walker. Jarred took me in in the early years, and the number of great times cannot be counted. Thank You Jarred....Thank You Randy. 


Troy Luccketta is one of Rock's most treasured souls. His range of talents behind the kit are so extensive, it is truly unreal. He is also one of the most beloved personally. Troy is someone who has time for everyone, and like behind his kit, he just never misses that way. I met him through a referral from one of the world's greatest-Todd Sucherman, who passed this to Randy Walker. Randy was the Tour Manager for Tesla at the time, and made sure this happened. Thank You Troy, Todd, & Randy.


To talk to Mike Hansen about his career is an incredible experience. The range of live performances, artists he has worked with, tours, & the number of records he has performed on...Is simply amazing. His work with his Beier 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 15...Those are still some of The Definitive examples of that drum. I met Mike while he was on tour, and we have been best friends ever since. Thank You Mike.


Jason Cooper I have dubbed The Memphis Maestro. He is, without a doubt, one of the most gifted session players I have ever heard. His natural instincts...Are amazing. There is a reason why he is sought after world-wide for his talents. I have enjoyed our discussions hugely my friend, the records you have performed on I cherish, and your comments meant a lot to me on the podcast. Thank You Jason.


Michael Grando is a long-time Nashville star, and yet again...Someone who has always been there for Beier Drums. I saw him last January, and he mentioned to me about his discussion with Matthew Crouse and the Working Drummer Podcast. That resulted in doing an episode, and then that went on to the sponsorship. I got to know Michael years ago through Pat McDonald. Thank You Michael. Thank You Pat.  



Scotty Simpson is one of the most renowned, respected, and admired bass players in music today...And has been for decades. I had the honor of having one of his clips on the podcast from his solo record...Spice Of Life. I met Scotty through David Northrup, and have subsequently had the privilege of seeing him live again because of Austin Curcuruto. Thank You Scotty, David, and Austin. 


Eddie Bayer's Jr. is one of the most recorded drummers of all time, one of the world's most respected and admired players, and his influence & imprint is so extensive...It would be almost impossible to calculate. His submission of a track he performed on with his 1.5 Steel--4 x 15 meant everything to me. I met Eddie through Mark Beckett, and yet another one of the greatest and most admired drummers of all time...Tommy Harden. Thank You Eddie, Mark, & Tommy.   





I started Beier Drums because I had something Musical to say. I wanted to create a line of unchanging and utilitarian snare drums that drummers remembered...In their Ears. This year is the 10th Anniversary of Beier Drums, and it surpassed my hopes years ago. 

Drummers are like the US Marine Corp....It a Musical Semper Fi. A True Brotherhood. It would take me months to say Thank You to all of the drummers who have been so helpful along the way. But within the context of this article....Thank You Again: Matthew Crouse, Zack Albetta, Michael Grando,  Mark Beckett. Pat McDonald, David Northrup, Jarred Pope, Randy Walker, Troy Luccketta, Todd Sucherman, Mike Hansen, Jason Cooper, Scotty Simpson, Austin Curcuruto, Eddie Bayers & Tommy Harden..... 

Beier Drums...TBC......






No comments:

Post a Comment