Wednesday, September 23, 2020

SAYING GOODBYE TO A LEGEND....FRANKIE BANALI........

Frankie Banali recently passed after an extended battle with Pancreatic Cancer. To understand the widespread love and admiration for him...It would take a simple glance at the tributes that poured in.

Frankie had time for everyone, and he took time out for me in the early years. I always stayed in touch with him, would text him pics of Quiet Riot banners I would see in venues hanging, people I would run into that were his friends, etc.., 

I will always remember our extended conversations on drums, he was arguably the most knowledgeable drummer I have ever met on Ludwig Drums. He had 5 drums from here, and used them live which is a memory here I will never forget. As well, we had great conversations on our mutual love of the Teas of the world. 

RIP Frankie Banali....You were an incredibly kind and beautiful soul.....And one of the greatest Rock drummers of all-time.... 

 





Frankie Bali's 1978 Ludwig Vistalite-Beier 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 15



No comments:

Post a Comment