Tuesday, April 25, 2017

TOMMY RICKARD-NEW VAIN RECORD-ROLLING WITH THE PUNCHES...BEIER 1.5 STEEL--5.5 X 14....

I recently received my copy of the new Vain record-"Rolling With The Punches". I had read about this some time ago and touched base with Tommy about it. He was the drummer for Vain in the earlier years, and it was great to hear he was going to be on it, and that he was using his 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14. 

I gotta say....This is not a great record, but an incredible one. They recaptured the sound and vibe of this band perfectly. It has a great analog-vibe to it in many parts, amazing musicianship, and quite honestly-Every single song on this record is great. I listened to it in the car which I do often....It is (for me) much easier to break it down into parts that way. It got my attention right from the start with the title track "Rolling With The Punches," and is a record that I will re-visit often. 

Thank You Tommy....I really appreciated this. As with all pro's...Your playing could not have been finer on this. (Please see the Latest News 2/28 for more information on Tommy....)  









No comments:

Post a Comment