Tuesday, August 2, 2016

SHANE GAMBLE-NEW RECORD-"AMERICAN HEART"-MIKE DAWSON-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--5.5 X 15...

Country artist Shane Gamble released his new record "American Heart" worldwide on June 14th. I had been waiting for the release, and picked this one up right away. Mike Dawson used his 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 15 on it, and I really have been looking forward to the record coming out.

Shane & Mike selected that drum after going through a whole array of different drums, and that to me.....Was the greatest. I have listened to it many times now, and it is one that will always be in rotation here. From start to finish, it is a true Country record that is well produced, thoughtful, and has stellar musicianship & songwriting all the way through.

Additionally, I just had to add this as well. I was on the road this last weekend, and had a lag time after the sound check and before the show. It was a really hot day, so I grabbed a seat under the stage and checked into Facebook. Shane was live with the band at the "Rally In The Valley" in Frederick, MD., and he was doing a live stream. I have not seen them live due to the distance of their shows. I just shook my head, and could not stop watching and listening to this. They were incredible. And so incredible...I would say they are one of those bands that are even better live than in the studio. That is rare, and always has been. It reminded me of  bands like The Outlaws & Blackberry Smoke to name a few. Those bands have always produced great records as well....But they truly soar live. The third and fourth pic are from the show this last weekend.

Mike Dawson was also using a 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 15 for this show which was great to see....And hear! That drum will be in Modern Drummer in an upcoming issue, and am really looking forward to it. Congrats to all of you in this band.....Your great.












   


No comments:

Post a Comment