Monday, March 28, 2016

SAM LUMSDEN-TULLOCH CASTLE-HIGHLANDS OF SCOTLAND-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--5.5 X 14....

Sam Lumsden recently had a gig in a haunted castle in Dingwall, Highlands of Scotland: Tulloch Castle. The present structure dates to the 16th century, and the history of the castle dates back as far as the 12th century when the Bains, and later the Clan Davidson laid claims to the land.

As always, he had his 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14 with him. Sam keeps an extremely busy schedule teaching at his school (First Class Drums), and with live performance. He has used a 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14 as his main for a number of years, and in numerous settings. That also includes the latest record from Sharky Sharky which I tremendously appreciated. He also has a 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 15 that he has used as well. Interesting as well...he is yet another player who is using Aquarian Heads these days. The Vintage Series in particular I hear about from players all of the time-Sam included. Last month I sent out four drums with their White Texture Coated & Classic Clear Bottom Heads. I have to say, I am a life-long Remo supporter. But....These heads are extremely impressive, and the quality of them is far and beyond anything I have used in the industry. The batter heads are a 10 mil head, and they produce a very natural and open sound. The snare side heads are 3 mil.

Thanks Again my friend for these pics. Have enjoyed our discussions lately and always value your thoughts a great deal. I have a handful of people that I go to for serious advice, and your one of them. You always seem to make perfect sense to me. Gotta tell you...These pics are incredible! Thanks as well to Graham Mackenzie Photography for permission to use these images....
















No comments:

Post a Comment