Thursday, March 24, 2016

PAT McDONALD-CHARLIE DANIELS BAND-MODERN DRUMMER-MAY 2016

Pat McDonald has a nice feature on him coming out in Modern Drummer in the May issue, and is mentioned on the cover as well. I am so looking forward to getting this and reading it, and was so happy about this. Congrats as well to H. Aaron Strickland on your writing, and Joey Tanner for your photography.

My business has put me in a variety of musical settings, and has taken me a lot of places. From players in all styles of music, from tech's, to FOH engineers, to seemingly everyone no matter where I am at....His name brings a huge Thumbs Up from everyone. Monte Yoho & David Dix of The Outlaws know him well as The Outlaws did a lot of shows with Charlie Daniels over the years. They both told me years ago that "Pat McDonald is one the finest drummers....Anywhere". They both just love watching him play. Michael Foster and Bill Leverty of Firehouse knew him in the early years in Florida, and both were totally blown away. Michael told me he told him he was way too good to be there, and needed to go to Nashville. And Bill followed with that he was probably working the minute he parked his car in Nashville. Michael Grando from Joe Diffie's band said the same thing to me...The guy is amazing. I had a tech message me one night...he was filling in at a venue. He opened Pat's cases and saw two of my snare drums. He had never seen him live before. And of course, he was floored after the show. Everyone...No matter where you are....Has the same thing to say: This guy is a Maestro.

I have had the good fortune to have Pat playing my gear for some time now. He uses a 6.5 x 14 as his main, and also has a 5.5 x 14 as an auxiliary, which he has also used as a main as well. He also has a 4 x 15 which he has used live. The only snare drums he tours with are mine, and he truly loves playing them. He has said to me on several occasions: "The only snare drums up on that riser are yours..."

Thank You Pat McDonald For Everything...See you this Summer....



"Drummers....You ever have one of those nights where your whole kit just sounded amazing because your snare drum was just PERFECT? Fat, crisp, clean and the absolute picture of what a snare is supposed to sound like inside your drum kit? Yeah, once again, James Beier's handiwork reigns supreme, and my 6.5 x 14 Beier Snare felt, played and sounded like diamonds covered in gold raining from the sky. That happens a lot lately. Jim, you are a master. No lie. Thanks for another dose of inspiration my friend!"

Pat McDonald
3/2/2016















No comments:

Post a Comment