Saturday, March 20, 2021

MASTERCLASS DRUM CLINIC WITH NASHVILLE LEGEND DAVID NORTHRUP-DRUMMER SUPERSTORE-CLARKSVILLE, INDIANA-SATURDAY-MARCH 20TH-2021....

Nashville legend, David Northrup (Boz Scaggs, Rick Derringer, Oak Ridge Boys, Travis Tritt, Wynonna) is putting on a Masterclass Drum Clinic today that is being hosted by the Drummer Superstore in Clarksville, Indiana. 

Wanted to send out a salute to David for including his Beier 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 12 in his kit for the clinic. This was a drum the exists because of him. I had made the shell, and it sat on the floor in the corner of my shop for several years. Upon discussing that with him after he mentioned how I should make a 12" auxiliary drum....I finished it. The drum has gone on to be extremely popular, and has been used widely in the industry. It was also included on his acclaimed record...Shapes, on All Blues. 

The live pic of him below with the Oak Ridge Boys is the show we discussed this, and the image of the rusted shell is the one that sat on my shop floor. That is also the exact one David received, and has used non-stop on a wide variety of projects.ever since. 

I truly wish I could have attended this, I have always wanted to see one of his clinics. I have had the honor of seeing him live many times, but someday I simply have to attend one of his clinics. Thank You Again David Northrup....For Everything....

 






No comments:

Post a Comment