Friday, January 12, 2018

MODERN DRUMMER PODCAST WITH MIKE AND MIKE-JANUARY 2017-EPISODE 123-THE 2017 WRAP UP SHOW-MIKE DAWSON COMMENTS ON THE LINE OF BEIER 1.5 STEEL 15" SERIES...

Once again this month...I want to send out a Thank You to Mike Dawson for the mention in Episode 123, The 2017 Wrap Up Show, on the Modern Drummer Podcast. I listen to this podcast regularly which has a huge following. Mike Dawson & Mike Johnston have always done a knockout job with this...It is academic in it's approach, pointedly informative, and entertaining as well-These guy's crack me up....They are VERY funny. Perfect balance of everything. Both of these guy's are the pinnacle of professionalism, and to be mentioned on their podcast is something very special. Thanks going out to Lucas Farran for your comments on the Podcast and my drums. Great to make your acquaintance! 

Thanks Again Mike for your comments on my efforts to bring the 15" snare drum back to this industry. That is part of what I set out to do...Bring out an original, identifiable & consistent sound, and offer it to drummers everywhere. There are hundreds of  my 15" drums out on the music scene now, on tour, in studios, and on records. My attitude is is that when I finish a drum, and ship it out, I have done my best. The evaluation and thoughts on them, I leave to drummers. I am not a promoter, and have never been a good "Closer". That is of little to no interest to me. What I am interested in is when a drummer texts me from a tiny bar in the middle of Missouri to tell me his 1.5 Steel--4 x 15 is lighting him, and the band up. That....Is what music was intended to be. That....Is what I set out to do.

Being in any aspect of the music business is probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. It is difficult for everyone...No matter what part of it you are involved in. And if your truly making your drums and shells, it is compounded greatly.  But despite the nature of this business, it is the most rewarding and incredible thing I have ever done. And...I am just getting started.....

  





No comments:

Post a Comment