Monday, July 3, 2017

PAT McDONALD....BEIER 1.5 STEEL--7.5 X 14.....

Pat McDonald recently received his 1.5 Steel--7.5 x 14. It is new, have only made a small number of these. and am really looking forward to his vibe on the drum. It's counterpart is the 1.5 Steel--7.5 x 15.

Pat has been off the road with Charlie Daniels for a little over a year, and is extremely active in his local scene playing with a variety of acts. He stepped down from his spot to take care of his daughter, which everyone hugely admires him for. In an interview, he had said he is a Dad First, a Drummer Second. Always the straight-talker...he is doing exactly what he said he would do. He is a world-class parent, & is a world-class drummer when he sit's down behind the kit. 

It will be interesting to see how this drum flies with him. The 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 was his main on the road with Charlie Daniels, & the 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14 was his back-up. He also has a 1.5 Steel--4 x 15 which he used live as well. He said something to me one-time which is something I think of often: "The only two drums up on that riser with me are your's....". It is one of the greatest compliments I have ever received, and will always remember that. He also included the drums in the May 2016 issue of Modern Drummer. That is available to read on this site under "Articles". 

Pat is consistently regarded as one of the great all-around drummers in the industry. I was at a show the other night, and talking to this drummer on the phone after, Pat's name came up. This particular drummer is a massive talent as well, and is just an all-around great guy. When Pat's name came up he said: "He is about as good as it get's..." I lost count a long time ago how many drummers have said the exact same thing to me.  

There are a ton of people that miss seeing him play, and seeing him personally, as I do. I really miss this clown's sarcasm, and his wild, erroneous, and completely unfounded claims that my jokes are not funny. I would actually plan them out, but he would still shoot me down. Every once in a while though he will admit they are getting better, but I still am convinced it is a ploy to keep me down that way. My jokes are funny-Period. 

The road will see Pat sometime in the near future. Again, everyone agree's, no talent this big can be localized for too long. Maybe a weekend fly-date gig will come along, etc.., Either way...It is something that myself, and a whole lot of people are looking forward to.....        







(Available on CD-DVD-Digital Download)





No comments:

Post a Comment