Saturday, November 11, 2017

DAVID NORTHRUP-LIVE WITH BOZ SCAGGS-ARCADA THEATER-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--5.5 X 12.....

One of the shows I recently saw, and was really anticipating, was Boz Scaggs on his 2017 Tour. And along with that tour came one of the greatest drummers and people I know: Nashville legend, David Northrup. With this caliber of a band, and Boz Scaggs as amazing as he always has been...It was simply an unbelievable night.

David is coming off a long time run with the Oak Ridge Boys, and I was fortunate enough to see him live at three of their Christmas Shows as well. Those shows, will always remain as some of my favorites as well. Music is, as most would agree, one of the most enduring forces on this planet. And those shows hold a special place in my memories.

It was great to see he had along his 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 12 for this tour. Other sizes he has used in the past for live shows, tours, records and clinics are the 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14, 6.5 x 14, 4 x 15 & 6.5 x 15. I always have 100 questions for drummers when I see them. And as much of a jabberbox as I can be, I listen even more. And when David talks...I am all-ears. His advice and counsel has always been valued here. It is straightforward, practical, applicable, and just plain smart. And, it is rooted in experience from an incredibly successful and long-running career as one of the greatest drummers ever in the industry. He carries huge respect, and it never fails...My phone lights up with drummers and his friends wanting me to say to him when I am at a show. He has been an enormous source of inspiration to drummers everywhere, as he has been to me as a manufacturer.

The first set of four images are from that night, the remainder are from previous tours, sessions, clinics, etc.., The link to the video is a webcam of him live from 2015 with the Oak Ridge Boys & his 1.5 Steel--4 x 15. 

Thanks Again David Northrup for everything you have done for me, your support, and your friendship. Looking forward already to seeing you sometime soon.... 








Images From Previous Years....












No comments:

Post a Comment