Sunday, October 23, 2016

FRANK VILARDI OF THE BACON BROTHERS-1948 LEEDY SNARE~

Sending out an enormous THANK YOU! to Frank Vilardi for sending me this gift of a Leedy Broadway Standard dated May 1948 this week. You really blindsided me with this Frank, and I am just floored. This drum is all original and mint. I took the batter head off and I am quite sure it has never been off since 1948. Incredibly thoughtful, and again...Cannot tell you how thrilled I am to have this drum. It is in the right place....Trust me!
Frank is a long time supporter of Beier Drums, and someone who took time out for my gear from the beginning. He spent years touring the world with Jewel, and also with Donny Osmond. His gig now for many years has been with the Bacon Brothers. Have had a lot of great times with these guys, and they are just an awesome band from A-Z. Frank also has three of my drums, and always tours with the 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14 & 6.5 x 14.
Thanks Again Frank! Will see you soon....









No comments:

Post a Comment