Tuesday, October 18, 2016

FIREHOUSE 25TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR-MICHAEL FOSTER-1.5 STEEL--5.5 X 14.....

Recently I got to check in with one of my all-time favorite bands, and without a doubt some of the coolest guys in the music business: Firehouse. They are still at the top of their game, and the show, as always, was incredible. 

I am always kind of bouncing off the walls when these guys come around....It is always a great time. My pal Jamo Van de Bogert hooked me up with them some years ago now, and they unfailingly & never cease to amaze me how great of a band they are. This particular tour was their 25th Anniversary Tour, and it was really important for me to see a show on this. I have been a fan since Day 1 of this band.

Michael Foster, long regarded as one of Rock's great drummers, has three of my drums that he has used at select shows live: An earlier Brass snare, a 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 & 6.5 x 15. He also used one on Bill Leverty's solo-instrumental record: "Southern Exposure". This most recent show he used a 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14. I wanted him to give this drum a whirl, and that went incredibly well with a great vibe from his tech Joey Arias, and one of the best FOH guys in the business: Tony Avitar.

Thanks Michael for taking time out which you have since the beginning, and for the T-Shirts. It was great to see all of you. Please do check out Bill Leverty's website & new single "Strong" as well.....  




 













No comments:

Post a Comment