Tuesday, May 14, 2024

BILLY IDOL'S ERIK ELDENIUS...IN THE STUDIO WITH HIS BEIER 1.5 STEEL--5.5 X 15........

I was so happy to hear from one of Rock's finest recently....Erik Eldenius from Billy Idol's band and Twin Pines Recording. Erik is a drummer who has always been great to me, and it has been a bit since we talked. He was in the studio working with his 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 15 Gloss White. He used that drum on the release from Venice-Into The Morning Blue, and I have always been very proud that he selected that drum for that record. 

As well, the 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 15 that he has is one of the few I did in that size in Gloss White. Todd Sucherman (Styx) and Jamo Van de Bogert (Gregg Allman) have one as well, and the drums have seen extensive live/studio use over the years.

I have seen Erik live with Billy, and it was one of those unforgettable shows. Billy Idol has always had great bands over the years, but his line-up now, which has been intact for a long time...Is simply his best band ever. Erik brings a swing and a power to those songs that is definitive, and Steve Stevens is beyond a legend. I stood on the side stage for the show, and also went out front for a bit. To be able to do that is always a privilege, and I will never forget that show. 

I will keep the news here updated, and on a forthcoming release which I am really, really excited about. Thank You Erik...It was awesome to hear from you!





No comments:

Post a Comment