Wednesday, October 10, 2018

MEL WATTS ON THE ROAD WITH BJ THOMAS....BEIER 1.5 STEEL--6.5 X 14....

I recently heard from Mel Watts, and it was great to catch up as always...

I met Mel through Nashville's Michael Grando (Joe Diffie), and he has been using a 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 in studio sessions, and on the road for years now with his main gig. That gig is with the legendary, & 5 time Grammy winner BJ Thomas.

This show utilizes a full orchestra, and is something I am hoping to see very soon. The last chance I had there was an ice storm, and driving to Chicago was not a good idea. Part of the perils of living in Wisconsin in the winter I guess. But, I must admit, I almost went for it. After all...It was a chance to sit down and talk drums with Mel, and see this amazing band live. Hopefully that will happen soon.

Thanks Again Mel for everything....







   

No comments:

Post a Comment