Friday, October 26, 2018

DONN DENISTON-NEW RELEASE FROM MIKE GENTRY-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--6.5 X 14.....

Donn Deniston recently sent me Mike Gentry's latest release, and I have to say...This record knocked me out. 

I received the CD while I was just getting ready to hit the road to a show. and I played it through in the car twice. Mike is flashback to me...A sort of Coffee House/Storyteller singer with an amazingly consistent & melodic voice. His songs are thoughtful, sincere, well written, and intended to be meaningful. This type of music as well can be difficult for a drummer to follow, and Donn, being the pro that he is, played to this music perfectly. 

I also wanted to tell Donn...Thank You for your dialogue on Beier Drums on your website. I just noticed it, and of course was extremely happy to read what you said. Tone....Yes, that was my primary intention in creating this line! 

Congrats to both of you on an excellent record and musicianship. Very proud to have my 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 on it....
   













No comments:

Post a Comment