Friday, February 10, 2017

MICHAEL GRANDO-JOE DIFFIE-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--4 X 15 & 5.5 X 14....

Was great to see Michael Grando had his 1.5 Steel--4 x 15 out this week. He currently has a 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14 as well.

Both of the drums have seen a lot of use in Nashville, and on the road in his main gig with Joe Diffie. It has been about a year and a half since I saw that band live, and I am hoping to see them again very soon. It was a great time all the way around, and this band lit it up big time. I had a long drive to the show that was way out in the country, and it was worth every mile. Driving on roads with endless miles of cornfields to arrive in a small town with a stage in a field is something I absolutely love. Thousands of people came out for this show, and it is one of those things where you wonder where everyone is coming from. (I was surprised there were that many people in the county). Joe Diffie and this band lit it up big time, and this crowd had an unbelievably great time.

Have to talk to Michael about it, but I noticed he had an Evans 15" on the drum. I am assuming it is G2, he had mentioned he changed out the head to a thicker one. Originally the drum had an Ambassador on it, which always are great on the 15' drums. But I have to say, recently using the Evans G1 & G2 on the 15" drums has gone incredibly well. Both of those heads were a pleasant surprise, and with the number of players requesting Evans these days....Both the G1 & G2 are going to see a lot of use here.

Link below to a clip of Michael at sound check with his 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14, a live clip with his 1.5 Steel--4 x 15. and for tour dates for Joe Diffie. Check in with this band and see them....Guaranteed great time. Thanks Michael for everything. Your name pops up frequently in discussions and I really appreciate you mentioning my gear to so many players. Hope to see you soon...












    

No comments:

Post a Comment