Friday, December 23, 2016

MIKE ZIMMERMAN-KENNY ROGERS WORLD TOUR-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--6.5 X 14~

As it has been recently, I find myself a month behind on my Latest News. I tell you, with the way things have been rolling out here...It just does not seem possible to keep up everything. But like all of us....You catch up!

This month I finally got to meet Mike Zimmerman. Mike has been using his 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 on Kenny Rogers "The Gambler's Last Deal Tour" which has been going around the world. The show I saw was the Christmas Show. I have been looking forward to this for some time, and it was a lot of fun. I really am thrilled to have him with one of my drums on this important, and as I have said previously....Historic tour. He also has a 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14 that he is starting with for session & studio work. He has used one before in Nashville, and I am really looking forward to hearing from him about it.

To sit down with Mike is like sitting down with an old friend and just picking up where you left off. Absolutely one of the great drummers on the scene, and one of the most easy-going & nicest dudes on the road. The show itself was a a blend of nostalgia up to present day, and it was something I will never forget.

Thanks Mike for the opportunity to see this show, for always using your 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 as your main, and for taking time out personally and introducing me to Kenny. Looking forward to staying in touch....










No comments:

Post a Comment