Friday, December 23, 2016

DAVID NORTHRUP-OAK RIDGE BOYS CHRISTMAS SHOW-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--6.5 X 15-NEW RECORDS~

This month is something I always look forward to show-wise. I get to see David Northrup play my drums on the Oak Ridge Boys Christmas Tour. I will admit, as an adult I have lost some of the vibe for The Holidays. But this show brings it back in me big time. It quite simply is...One of the greatest Christmas Tours ever to hit the road.

The last several Christmas shows David used a 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14, and a 1.5 Steel--4 x 15 last year. This year I was really anxious to see how his 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 15 fit in. That....Went phenomenal. He put on a Die Cast hoop on the batter, and changed the Evans G1 out to a G2, and used it for the whole show. The Evans 15" heads were a huge and very pleasant surprise here. I have never used them before, and they were just perfect. He also had his 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 on the road with him for the entire tour. Thanks Ken Brandt for your comments on that drum also!

As well, there recently were three records that he did and used Beier Snare Drums on select tracks: The Oak Ridge Boys "Celebrate Christmas," Peter Brandon's "4," which he also produced, and Chris Taylor's "Good People," which he produced as well.

Seeing David again and hearing him play, & watching the Oak Ridge Boys light it up on year 40+ made for a great evening. David....Thank You for everything this last year: The records, using my gear at your clinics, on tour, and your support & referrals. Your a legend for good reason, and have been an incredible friend. Additionally...If you ever have any questions on the direction your walking in the city....Let me know. OK?!












  


No comments:

Post a Comment