Thursday, June 16, 2016

INTELLASOUND'S DAVID MAIER....BEIER 1.5 STEEL--5.5 X 14...

Got a great message from David Maier, one of the owners of Intellasound several weeks ago....

I have run into David on and off at shows over the last five years, and he has always been really great about talking gear and music. I recently visited Intellasound as well. That is something I always wanted to do also. It is simply an incredible organization with a AAA Rating with everyone. This a full scale operation, and they can put on a show of virtually almost any size.

Backline guys are always interesting to talk to, are musicians themselves, & are great resources for information. He had picked up a 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14 for their backline service last year. The drum was outfitted in Brass all the way around. I was particularly happy about this because I knew it would end up in a variety of places, and with a diverse range of artists. That, to me, is a true test of any instrument. Plus, David knows exactly how to tune a drum, and understands all aspects of them.

This latest show Intellasound was in the Wisconsin Dells at The Palace Theater with the Canadian based #1 tribute band to the Bee Gees: Stayin Alive. He brought three snare drums for the show, and they chose my 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14. Dave told me they picked it purely for the sound. This is the second time this has happened, the time before was at an Uncle Kracker show this last January (second pic below). I will never get tired of hearing that....Because that is exactly what I am up to here....Sound.

Thanks Again David for everything, and for taking time out to show me around Intellasound. Appreciate your comments on different heads, throws, etc.., Your thoughts are always extremely valued. Hope to see you out on the road soon....














No comments:

Post a Comment