Thursday, February 4, 2016

ROCK LEGENDS CRUISE IV....BEIER DRUMS....1.5 STEEL SERIES...

I never seem to get out of here for one of the cruises with music lineups that are are doing so well these day's. I have noticed though, on many occasions, there are a lot of drummers with bands on all of these that use one or more of the 1.5 Steel Series. This latest one is one I would have very much enjoyed going on...There was a number of my favorites on this.

The Outlaws were there, and Monte Yoho has been a long time supporter, and uses my snares drums exclusively live, and in the studio. He currently uses a 6.5 x 14 live as a main, and a 5.5 x 14 as an auxiliary. Monte has been an enormous help to me here, and The Outlaws are simply one of the greatest bands on the road...Past & Present.

The Artimus Pyle Band was there, & Artimus Pyle also uses a 6.5 x 14 live. He used a Dynasonic on all of the early Lynyrd Skynyrd records. He has told me, and Monte many times...That his 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 is the greatest drum he has ever had. And that...Is one of the most welcome compliments I have ever received.

Grand Funk Railroad was there as well. And again, like all of the bands on this cruise...You simply have to see them to understand how great they still are. Don Brewer has a 6.5 x 14 that he has used live. Originally I had taken out a 5.5 x 14 to him, and he was looking for something deeper. GFR was my first concert, and to see him playing one of my drums to Footstompin Music, and all of those songs...Is simply unforgettable. He is an ultra-professional, a great guy to deal with, and his playing and vocals are as strong and amazing as they were in the beginning.

As well..I have run into several of the other drummers with some of these bands that have sat down with one of my drums, and /or used them live for the night. One was Matt Scurfield at a Gary Hoey show. Incredibly talented, and equally so as a person to deal with. Great time & show. Gary Hoey...That is all you have to say. I spin his records here often, and he is without a doubt one of the gifted guitar players of all time, and also is a person who takes time out for everyone.

Links below to some of the clips of these players with their Beier Drums. Thanks guys...









No comments:

Post a Comment