Thursday, February 4, 2016

NEW ADDITION TO THE 1.5 STEEL SERIES COMING IN SPRING 2016-5.5 & 6.5 X 12......

Thanks to David Northrup (Oak Ridge Boys, Travis Tritt)...I recently pulled this shell out that I started quite some time. Obviously, it has been sitting for some time. I had wound it too tight, and had just set it aside. I had a long discussion with him at a recent Oak Ridge Boys show. It was actually their Christmas Show, and I am at the point after being at it for two years straight, I cannot imagine Christmas without seeing it. It is spectacular.

David's knowledge of playing drums and drum gear is encyclopedic of course, and we got on the discussion of 12" snare drums. He really gave me a lot of great ideas that I am going to put into the first one pictured below. Two things were at the top of my list when I started Beier Drums: First of all, was to truly make my drums. Secondly, and no less important, was to listen to everyone and anyone and their ideas and thoughts. Out of both of these requirements I set for myself have come some of the best ideas. Mark Beckett and his idea for me to make a 4 x 15 is a prime example. And when your truly making instruments with your hands...You have the flexibility and means to put those ideas to the test almost immediately. If your initial attempt doesn't work...You can just keep trying until it does work.

Thanks Again for taking time out David and the inspiration for this new drum. Will follow up on this article in Spring when the drum is out and is tested by him....





No comments:

Post a Comment