Thursday, August 6, 2015

MICHAEL GRANDO LIVE WITH JOE DIFFIE-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--4 X 15

Perfect timing last week when Joe Diffie rolled through Wisconsin, and I finally got to see this band. Michael Grando has been using his Beier 1.5 Steel--5.5 x 14 live with the band for over a year. This show was the first time out with his 1.5 Steel--4 x 15 in Gloss White. I have some excellent clips from sound check I will be posting on my site, and snippets from the live show with the camera right over Michael's floor tom. Michael is a long running & successful Nashville professional, is an amazingly talented player, and it really is just great to see him using my gear, and truly enjoying it. The entire band is phenomenal as well, and Joe Diffie illustrated once again why he is still one of the great stars to ever come out of Nashville.

I said it in another post and am going to repeat it here. I am lucky enough to go a lot of places, and have so many players take time out to use Beier Drums. This show has to be one of my favorites so far this year though. There just is something about a show in the middle of nowhere in a small town. You drive by cornfields and barns all of the way, you get there and the downtown is 1/4 mile long. The local church is providing the "security". You have just a big open field with a stage, sno-cone machines, beer tents...And then thousands of people all of a sudden show up for the show. Gotta love this type of event...

Thanks Michael Grando for everything. Hope to see all of you very soon...











No comments:

Post a Comment