Sunday, April 17, 2016

OPERATION MINDCRIME-RANDY GANE AND SIMON WRIGHT-CHICAGO

Originally I did not think I would be able to make it for this show...But ended up being able to attend. That I was thankful for, I cannot imagine missing these guys live when they are in my area. Geoff Tate's band, Operation Mindcrime, is simply one of the best bands out on the road today. It is an all-star lineup I have gotten to see a number of times.

Randy Gane (Queensryche, Candlebox), and Simon Wright (Hellion, Dio, Dio Disciples, Rhino Bucket, UFO, AC/DC) have been in the band from the start, and both are world class performers, musicians, and all-around good guys. It was great to catch up with them. I have always had a great time with them, and the whole band has been cool to me since Day 1.

They played a great selection from their latest: The Key. It is the first record in a trilogy from Geoff Tate, and Simon Wright used a Beier 1.5 Steel--6.5 x 14 on a track on the record as well. This album is very deep as you would expect from Geoff Tate, and it is one of my favorite releases of the last year.

Thanks Again Randy & Simon...Great to see you and the band. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon....








No comments:

Post a Comment