Sunday, June 7, 2015

DANNY THOMPSON-ALAN PARSONS LIVE PROJECT-BEIER 1.5 STEEL--5.5 X 14~

I recently had the opportunity to sit down with Danny Thompson of the Alan Parsons Live Project here in Milwaukee at The Pabst Theater. He was using his Beier 1.5 Steel Snare--5.5 x 14 for the night, and I have to say...him and that band, to use an overall term, just floored me.

Of course like all professionals, he is a super nice guy, and so are the members of this band. The band is one of those ultra-refined super tight acts that is just simply overflowing with talent. I cannot remember the last time I saw five-part harmonies, much less flawless one's. Alan Parsons is as strong of a performer as he ever was. I sat on the side of the stage and watched Danny through sound check and the live show. I have been around on the road quite a bit, and have been lucky enough to work with a lot of drummers in the circuit. He has a thunderous style with a fine touch, simply does not miss, and without a doubt is one of the greats.

I have some excellent clips from the live show of him playing, and will update this story when they are done. Thanks Again Danny. Looking forward to seeing this incredible band sometime very soon...










No comments:

Post a Comment