Thursday, May 14, 2015

EXCELLENT READ-NSMD ARTICLE BY BOB CAMPBELL ON THE MASTER-JOHHNY CRAVIOTTO~

Wanted to re post the link to one of the best articles I have read in some time. Bob Campbell did this piece on Johnny Craviotto. He is, without a doubt, one of the great drum company stories since the days of Niles. It is a story of old-school diligence, and hard work. The article discusses Adrian Kircher as well, who I consider, and many others do as well...To be the finest metal drum maker in the world. I really appreciate the correspondence Adrian. I will stop for sure when I am back in Europe. Great job on this article Bob.....

"You have to make your own shells to qualify as a drum maker in my book. Guys who make their own shells can look at themselves in the mirror and say, 'Yeah, I make drums, I am a drum maker'. It's got to start with the foundation, like a house, it's got to be the shell. Everything else is just basically assembly"....Johhny Craviotto 








No comments:

Post a Comment